OPENING AND CLOSING POLICIES
The center will be open from 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. Children cannot be accepted earlier or kept later than these times. In case of extreme emergency, the parent can call the center for the child to remain past closing. This can result in an extra charge of$5.00 for every five minutes late.
Parents are expected to bring their child/children into the center and remain with him/her until a brief health check is completed. A child cannot remain in the center if he/she is thought to be ill.
The center will remain open at all times when we have snow, if at all possible. If the center is to be closed due to the weather we will have it announced on Murfreesboro radio station, WGNS, 1450 AM and appropriate TV stations.
The center will be closed on the following holidays:
|1) January 1||4) Labor Day|
|2) Memorial Day||5) Thanksgiving Day|
|3) July 4th||6) Christmas Day|
PROVISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PARENTS
Each child must have a change of clothing, clearly marked with his/her name, to be left at the center in case of an emergency. Since outdoor play is an important part of our program, please see that your child is suitably dressed to play outside. Clothing that IS removed at the center (coats, hats, etc.) need to be marked with the child’s name.
If your child is in diapers you will need to provide diapers for your child. You will find it easier to bring them by the box which is labeled with the child’s name. We will then let you know when you need more.
The children have a nap time each day. The mats are furnished by the center, however you will need to provide two covers (small light weight) one to cover the mat and one to cover the child. Covers need to be labeled with the child’s name.
NO FOOD, MONEY, OR TOYS ARE TO BE BROUGHT INTO THE CENTER FOR OR BY THE CHILD.
If a child becomes ill during the day, the parent will be called to come pick up the child. We do not have the provisions to care for a sick child. We will consider your child sick if he/she has a fever, vomiting, or has diarrhea.
If a child must be given medication by the center’s staff the child’s teacher must be informed. Each bottle of medication must be clearly labeled with the child’s name and a note attached with clear instructions. All medications must be given to the teachers and placed in a locked box. Medication instruction form must be signed by the parent. Medication must never be left in cubbies, or diaper bags, or the classroom. This could be very dangerous.
Children may return to the center after 24 hours provided fever and other symptoms of illness are gone.
CHILDREN AT RISK
IF WE FEEL THAT RELEASING A CHILD TO ANY PERSON WOULD PUT THAT CHILD AT RISK, WE WILL REFUSE TO LET THE CHILD LEAVE THE CENTER WITH THAT PERSON. WE WILL ATTEMPT TO LOCATE AN ADDITIONAL PERSON LISTED ON CHILD’S TRANSPORTATION FORM. IF NO OTHER PERSON IS AVAILABLE, WE WILL CONTACT PROPER AUTHORITIES BEFORE THE CHILD IS RELEASED.
- Nursery through Toddlers – Exit through side door by the water fountains. Go through the Toddler playground and into 2-3 year old playground. In an actual emergency go to the school-age playground. Wait for instructions about needing to move further away from the building or for all clear sign.
- 2 and 3 Year Olds – Exit Three year old door. Take children to the school age playground. Wait for instructions about needing to move further away from the building or for all clear sign.
- 4 and 5 Year Olds – Exit to three year old room. Take children to the school age playground. Wait for instructions about needing to move further away from the building or for all clear sign.
- Infants – Move all children to the empty room by the hallway. Roll into the room in beds.
- Toddlers – Move all Toddlers into the room next to the hallway. Sit near the hall side of the fish tank.
- 2 Year Olds – Move into the hallway outside your room. Stay on your side of the fish tank.
- 3 Year Olds – Move into the hallway area in your classroom. Keep the door closed.
- 4 & 5 Year Olds – Move children into the hallway. Sit next to either wall.
- School Age Children – Move into the study room Sit near the inner wall.
In the event that we have to leave the premises, we will take all the children to Hylabrook antique mall next door.